Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Coming back

I think it may be time to rekindle this blog... So much has happened in the last four and a half years, so much has changed. So many new experiences that led to a new understanding of the lifestyle and myself - and so many illusions that collapsed. I wouldn't know where to start.

Should I write about the loss, the innumerable losses, unqualifiable, still very raw, each one adding to the last?

Should I write about the little victories? Feeling compersion, truly, for the first time, and understanding what was lacking before?

Write about what I now know? The lies, the gaslighting, the reasons I should always trust my intuition?

Write about love that can transition to friendship deeper than love, more intimate than sex? About how a lover can become family, and how happiness for another can really be happiness for oneself?

I can write volumes on compromises... Raising kids in a non-traditional marriage. Juggling one's multiple identities - as a lover, a wife, a baby, a mom, a friend, a PTA volunteer and a proud slut. Trusting - and not trusting - people and their stories. Realizing past mistakes. Realizing that submission doesn't mean giving up of one's agency - not fully, anyway- never fully....

Give me a start, I'll follow through.


No comments:

Post a Comment